Haunted America Conference Promises Diversion from Tedium of Reality Television
The Haunted America Conference returns once again to Alton, Illinois later this month. The conference, hosted by Troy Taylor and Lisa Taylor Horton, has been held in Alton since 1997, and will continue the tradition in 2018 from June 22-23.
Plenty of industry notables will be on-hand, with the conference selections showing a strong preference for writers and researchers over the 'celebrities' of paranormal reality television.
Speakers and work shop presenters include:
- Troy Taylor and Lisa Taylor Horton: Troy and Lisa are prolific paranormal investigators and the hosts of the conference. Troy himself is an author of over 120 books on ghosts, hauntings, crime and the unexplained in America.
- Sarah Chavez: Sarah Chavez is the executive director of the home of the Death Positive movement – The Order of the Good Death, co-founder of the feminist death site Death & the Maiden, and Nourishing Death, which examines the relationship between food and death in rituals, culture, religion and society.
- Colin Dickey: Colin Dickey is the author of Ghostland, as well as a speaker and academic.
- Robert Damon Schneck: Robert Damon Schneck--widely known as the "Historian of the Strange"--specializes in writing about anomalous phenomena and historical oddities.
- Sherri Brake: Sherri Brake is a paranormal researcher, author, and the owner of the Haunted Heartland Tours.
- Jennifer Jones: Jennifer Jones is a paranormal investigator and the author of Ghosts of Ogden, Brigham City and Logan.
- April Slaughter: April Slaughter is a paranormal researcher, artist, author, and spirit medium.
- Rosemary Ellen Guiley: Rosemary Ellen Guiley is an author and paranormal investigator who has written more than 50 books on a wide range of paranormal and metaphysical subjects.
- Sarah Soderlund: Sarah Soderlund is a radio host, writer, and paranormal investigator who authored Haunted by the Abyss and Quantum Parapsychology with David Jacobs, and hosts the "Mysteries of the Mind" podcast.
Doors open for the conference at 5 p.m. on June 22nd at the Best Western Premiere Hotel in Alton.
General admission tickets are $50, and after-hours events are sold separately. Tickets are available online through Haunted America's website.