2017 UFO Festival to Land at Roswell, New Mexico
The 2017 UFO Festival will be held in Roswell, New Mexico, from Thursday, June 29th, through Sunday, July 2nd.
The festival commemorates the famous Roswell 'flying disk' crash of 1947, and will feature "guest speakers, authors, live entertainment, a costume contest, parade, a pet costume contest, parade, family-friendly activities and more."
Guest speakers for the event include:
- Don Burleson, a professional mathematician and writer who serves as the New Mexico State Director for MUFON, the Mutual UFO Network;
- Travis Walton, famed UFO abductee and subject of the film Fire in the Sky;
- Yvonne Smith, C.Ht, author of CHOSEN: Recollections of UFO Abductions Through Hypnotherapy and Coronado: The President, The Secret Service and Alien Abductions;
- Derrel Sims, R.H.A., CMHt., an author and investigator known as “the Alien Hunter";
- Don Schmitt, author of hundreds of articles and co-author of five books on the Roswell incident;
- Peter Robbins, an investigative writer, author and lecturer best known for his books, columns, articles, radio commentaries, interviews and conference talks;
- Ron Regehr, a UFO researcher with over 50 years of experience;
- Thom Reed, part of the Reed family, whose UFO case was assigned a Vallee classification of “CE4” (close encounter of the 4th kind);
- Kathleen Marden, a bestselling author and scientifically trained UFO researcher and lecturer;
- Tom Kirkbride, author of the science fiction series the Gamadin Saga;
- Frank Kimbler, an Assistant Professor of Earth Science at the New Mexico Military Institute and a xenoarchaeologist with a keen interest in the Roswell incident;
- Larry Holcombe, author of the science fiction series the Disclosure Trilogy;
- Stanton T. Friedman, an author, lecturer, UFO researcher, and nuclear physicist;
- James Clarkson, a career professional investigator in the criminal justice field and a lifelong researcher of the UFO mystery;
- Thomas Carey, a Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) State Section Director for Southeastern Pennsylvania from 1986 to 2001, a Special Investigator for the J. Allen Hynek Center for UFO Studies (CUFOS) from 1991 to 2001, and a member of the CUFOS board of directors from 1997 to 2001;
- Jesse Marcel III, grandson to Major Jesse Marcel, a witness to the original Roswell incident.